Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Babel

Recently I viewed the movie "Babel" and was incredible intrigued. This is definitely a movie would recommend to anyone, but especially those in the teaching field, or those who interact and influence the lives of young people on a daily basis

Simply, "Babel" aims to demonstrate two key issues: the interrelatedness of all lives on the planet, and the prospect of hope.

As a future educator this was incredibly interesting for me, because it portrays on a global level how one person's actions will have profound impacts on countless people, even those you don't know. This is important to realize as an educator, because it will remind me to always strive to do my very best when teaching, and teach my students as much as I possibly can, because what I do will (directly or indirectly) change the world.

The prospect of hope is another thing to remember as educators- we may have frustrating days, lessons, classes and years, but it is important to always push through, because like I talked about before, everyone impacts this world.

These were two lessons that I took away from "Babel," a very moving film.

No comments: